Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
Senior Evaluation & Research Specialist, USAID/ Zambia Learning and Evaluation
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming learning and evaluation program in Zambia. The anticipated program will aim to provide both outcome or impact measures for an implementation program that will include population wide changes in nutritional status of children under two years of age. This is anticipated to be a seven-year long activity.
SI is seeking a Senior Evaluation & Research Specialist to support the COP in the evaluation and research design, data collection, data analysis, and reporting on monitoring and evaluation of a technical assistance implementation contract. This position will be full-time and based in Lusaka, Zambia.
****Please note: This is a local only position. Only candidates with Zambian citizenship will be considered. **
· Design M&E processes, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, increasingly focused on results of activities.
· Provide technical expertise and context on child nutrition in Zambia.
· Participate in the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations to understand the outcome and impact data on nutrition interventions.
· Help develop program recommendations based on data.
· Oversee evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
· Responsible for the design, quality development and production of all evaluations reports and any assessments, population based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
· Master’s degree or higher in the field of international development, nutrition science, public health, public policy, monitoring and evaluation, or a similar relevant field required.
· Minimum of eight years of experience providing technical and managerial oversight and direction on international development project, including impact evaluations.
· Excellent data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, among others.
· Experience supervising teams, including for population-based surveys.
· Experience providing groups of various sizes and one-on-one training and mentoring on evaluation-related subjects.
· Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
· Experience designing, monitoring, and evaluating programs in the health sector required.
· Experience or familiarity with implementation research highly preferred.
· Experience evaluating and supporting USG funded projects highly preferred.
· English fluency required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls. e
How to apply:
Powered by Jobs Botswana