Closing date: 04 May 2017
In 2015, mothers2mothers (m2m) began operating in Zambia through a local sub-partner, the Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Management Programme (CHAMP). Mentor Mothers provide psychosocial support and education for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) in two facilities and on mobile outreach units in Lusaka and Northwestern Province. To advance internal learning, m2m seeks a service provider to conduct a process evaluation of m2m’s operations in Zambia, specifically the use of a sub-award model for providing Mentor Mother services.
The purpose of the process evaluation is to provide m2m with lessons learned and recommendations that will contribute to decision making regarding implementation modalities in other countries of operation.
Scope of Work
The consultant will assess the feasibility of implementing the Mentor Mother Model through a sub-award in Zambia and document lessons learned and recommendations for replication and scale-up of m2m’s sub-award approach. Information will be collected through desk review of documents provided by m2m; key informant interviews; and observation. The service provider will develop all data collection instruments, and be responsible for the logistics and expenses for all activities required to carry out this work. m2m will make available relevant programme documents and facilitate introductions to the necessary staff and stakeholders.
The following deliverables must be produced throughout the process of conducting the research, subsequent to being awarded the contract.
Briefing sessions with m2m, as required initially and throughout the process of conducting the research;
A research work plan with clear timeframes as well as process and output milestones;
A methodology document, including report structure, analytical framework/analysis plan, data collection instruments.
Draft research report for review: Full (in Word format) with findings, recommendations and executive summary;
Final research report for review;
Delivery of recordings and transcripts.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience with public health programme delivery in Zambia.
· Demonstrated experience designing and conducting process evaluations or similar projects
· Ability to design, manage, and implement similar research projects. This includes the design of in-depth interviews and focus group discussion guides.
· Demonstrated experience conducting semi-structured data collection including key informant interviews and focus group discussions
· Strong writing and analytical skills
· Experience working in Zambia, with local language proficiency preferred
· The research is expected to be commissioned by mid-May 2017. A draft Research Report needs to be completed by 9 June 2017, with the final Research Report completed by 26 June 2017.
· The quotation for conducting the research is recommended not exceed ZMW 160,000. The contract will be awarded on the basis of an all-inclusive fixed fee that will cover all fees and expenses, as well as relevant taxes.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 4 May 2017.
Powered by Jobs Botswana