- To be accountable for prompt and efficient handling of unpaid cheques.
- To be able to process cheques cleared through Sybrin and bilateral (manual clearing).
- To validate all cheques and internally raised vouchers.
- To ensure all inward cheques images are validated in Sybrin.
- To ensure unpaids are returned through Sybrin to Zechl.
- To ensure technical verification is performed on cheque images and that amounts match in both words and figures.
- To ensure unpaids are processed in ebbs through ICRS and sent to Zechl through Sybrin system.
- To ensure timely acting to perform call backs on cheques above threshold limits.
- To ensure there are no missing cheques by checking and comparing totals against items received from clearing department.
- To ensure cheques validated agree in both the amounts in words and in figures.
- To ensure YUFIG messages are sent promptly for cheques unpaid with technical reasons.
- To ensure YUGIGs from other banks are acted on promptly and accounts debited.
- To ensure timely acting on YUFIG messages received from other banks.
- To reconcile suspense accounts and ensure no items above life span.
- To ensure no cheque inwards cause excesses on customer accounts.
- To ensure all inwards received for the day are validated and work balanced before end of day.
- To investigate and attend to queries pertaining to customer accounts.
- To prepare entries to be posted in EBBS.
- To ensure work and in coming cheques conform to money laundering regulations.
Knowledge & experience required:
- 5 ‘O’ Levels.
- Degree in banking and financial or equivalent from recognised university.
- 2 years banking experience.
- Knowledge of clearing rules and operation of Sybrin system.
- Computer literate.
- Customer focussed.
- Ability to interpret instructions.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to plan, monitor and control effectively.
- High organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with staff.