- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
To plan, manage, lead and direct the business focus on the distribution of all insurance products across SCB in Zambia to achieve business, revenue and profit targets and to implement global standards within the country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
- Ensure appropriate Bancassurance Structure is in place to drive Bancassurance business in the country
- Develop and execute an overall Business Plan covering all insurance activities across all the business based on business targets in alignment with insurance Partners and global strategy.
- Have thorough understanding of business dynamics across the business to leverage on multiple product / service needs of Banks customers to better position insurance as a key part of a truly valuable customer proposition/offer
Financial and Performance Management
- Active management of overall Insurance P&L in the country through establishing close working relationships across business and Product/Marketing manager to deliver customer, business, revenue and profit targets for the country by driving insurance products activities across channels and segments
- Active management of relationships with all insurance partners to ensure smooth running of the distribution channels in delivering targets for the country.
- Monthly reporting of Bancassurance financials including, but not limited to, commission reconciliation, financial projections, P&L monitoring, marketing allowance activities, etc
Product Development/Operational Workflow
- Active involvement in identifying product needs for all customer bases across business with product managers and segment managers together with appropriate Insurance Partners to meet customer needs and product gaps in total product/service offering.
- Monitoring operational activities to ensure that they are complaint with i.Local regulations, policies and procedures
- ii.SCB Country level and Group policies and procedures
Sales and Service Delivery
- Act as the liaison manager with all insurance partners on insurance matters
- Determine, agree and monitor achievement of sales and service KPIs (including the appropriate number of staff for each ad allocation of sales and service targets) with Insurance Partner and Shared Distribution
- Active involvement in defining the appropriate skills, education, experience etc of the insurance sales staff and development of the training curriculum to optimize sales/ service achievement
Marketing and Brand Management
- Work with product managers to identify market growth/ cross-sell opportunities to increase product holdings and improved revenues
- Initiate, execute and manage marketing programmes and retention strategies in line with business objectives (premiums, commissions, product type, number of policies)
- Ensure brand compliance for all above and below-the-line communication according to local/ global standards for SCB and relevant Insurance Partner.
BIU and Market Intelligence
- Active analysis and review of all customer bases to understand customer profiles, behavioural and lifestyle traits (including product holding mix, revenue contribution, behavioural/ lifestyle analytics) to identify opportunities for increasing customers’ insurance wallet share (total value)
- Keeping abreast of market competition, industry practices and best practices to constantly improve on overall business performance
- Responsible for supervising appropriate team member in addition to managing internal key relationships
- Building/ managing necessary bench-strength to achieve business targets
- Will be responsible for any necessary reporting as require by local country insurance authorities and regulators. Line managers, CB heads and Group Bancassurance must be informed of all external communications to regulators
Qualification and Skills
- Relevant experience working in the Insurance industry(Strongly preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of insurance products and processes, regulatory requirements as well as ability to manage P&L to drive business performance and revenues.
- Good interpersonal and management skills
- Good understanding of customer segmentation and needs as well as an in-depth knowledge of distribution channel strategies in a bank or similar organisation
- Preferable degree holder with relevant insurance certification (depending on specific markets)
How to Apply