- Company:Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- Job type:Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
1) Core Responsibilities:
• Review the fixed assets ledger, ensuring that additions and disposals are properly captured.
• To ensure all accruals are captured and correctly recorded.
• To ensure Cross boarder recharges are paid for on a timely basis.
• To ensure all Delegated Authority has been assigned.
• Ensure accurate and timely submissions of the weekly, monthly, quarterly and Yearly submissions to the Central Bank and to Group.
• Verification of entries passed through Intersystem before posting them to PSGL.
• Prepare Central Bank approval letter for CBR’s.
• Prepare Invoices for all Cross border recharges.
• Prepare asset disposal voucher for hub processing.
• Review additions and disposal prior to depreciation run.
• On regular basis reconcile the fixed assets to the G/L and asset register.
• Process Intercompany transactions with counterparties.
• Preparation of Returns on WHT and VAT on a monthly basis.
• Handling Queries from the local Authority ( Zambia Revenue Authority)
• On a monthly basis perform a cost analysis.
GL Controls and Reconciliation
• Monitor and reconcile the following accounts
– General Provisions
– WIP Account
– Accruals (Software, communication, equipment and others)
– Capital advance
– Fixed asset
– Sundry Creditor
– CBR receivable
• Sign off on correcting entries to Finance Operations
• Supervise the Investigation of all unusual items of Suspense & Sundry Accounts
• Escalate outstanding items that are within FCP manual thresholds
• Assist CEO with assigning Delegated Authority
• On a monthly basis review the Delegated Authority tables
• Assist in timely submissions of the weekly, monthly, quarterly and Yearly submissions to the Central Bank and to Group.
• Communicate effectively and escalate timely, in order to avoid stakeholder surprises, therefore building and maintaining credibility. This includes communication with the CFO and the HoR.
How to Apply