Senior Procurement Officer
The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health Professions Act No. 24 of The Health Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions. The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following positions:
To Supervise and undertake timely the procurement of goods, services and works in order to facilitate smooth operations of the Council.
- Prepares timely and accurately procurement plans in order to facilitate decision making
- Manages an undertakes effectively the maintenance of an up-to-date supplier register in order to establish a reliable supplier base
- Manages and undertakes effectively the procurement and supply of works, goods and services in order to ensure their availability and efficient utilization
- Manages effectively the maintenance of accurate records of goods, services and records in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
- Manages an undertakes timely the preparation of bidding documents in order to facilitate invitations of bids Coordinates timely the development of individual work plans and implementation of the APAS in all departments in order to enhance performance
- Manages and Supervises effectively the utilization of human and material resources in order to attain the objectives of the unit
Reporting relationship, knowledge, skills and requirements:
- Report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Full grade Form five (5) Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts in Purchasing and Supply and or a full Chartercd Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Member ofthe Zambia Institute of Purchasing Supply (ZIPS) with a valid practising certificate
- Five (5) years work experience and of which two (02) years should be at Senior Management Level in a reputable Organisation i.e. Regulatory Statutory board or Public Institutions will be an added advantage
- Goal-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision and able to collaborate well with a diverse team.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports.
- Computer literate and Knowledgeable of most used packages.
How to Apply
Only applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply and send Application Letters including their daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
The Registrar Health Professions Council of Zambia,
7 Chaholi Road, Rhodes Park,
PO Box 32554,