Senior Human Resource and Administration Officer
The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health Professions Act No. 24 of The Health Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions. The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following positions:
- To undertake the provision of human resources and administration services in order to enhance efficient and effective operations of the Council as well as undertakes effectively the human resources management function in order to enhance staff morale and optimize utilization of human resource.
- Undertakes effectively human resources development and training functions in order to enhance performance.
- Undertakes timely provisions of administrative and support services in order to facilitate the effective operations of the institution
- Undertakes timely preparation of the departmental budget in order to facilitate acquisition of financial resources.
- Undertakes effectively the provision of records management services in order to ensure storage and retrieval of information
- Undertakes effectively provision of secretarial staff and services in order to contribute to the smooth running of the institution
- Coordinates timely the development of individual work plans and implementation of the APAS in all departments in order to enhance performance
- Supervises effectively the utilization of human and material resources in order to attain the objectives of the department
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Full grade twelve (12)/Form five (5) Certificate
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration or Human Rcsource or Psychology or any other Social Science relate qualification
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource
- ZIHRM Valid practicing Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years work experience and of which two (02) years should be at Senior Management Level in a reputable Organisation i.e. Regulatory Statutory board or Public Institutions will be an added advantage
- Goal-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision and able to collaborate well with a diverse team.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of most used packages.
How to Apply
Only applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply and send Application Letters including their daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
The Registrar Health Professions Council of Zambia,
7 Chaholi Road, Rhodes Park,
PO Box 32554,