Refugee Operations Coordinator
Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS), a humanitarian organization invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following position:
Duty Station: Nchelenge
Reports to: Director Programmes
• The role of the Refugee Operations Coordinator is to coordinate and manage all of the ZRCS refugee emergency operation in Zambia.
• The Refugee Operations Coordinator support the strategic direction of the ZRCS refugee operation, and lead the opemiions team to ensure optimal support is provided to the refugees through an effective and effcient implementation of the emergency operations, as well as ensuring technical guidance for operations in Shelter, WASH and livelihood as required.
• He/she will support the consultation, collaboration and coordination of ZRCS with key external partners including Government agencies, UN partners and NGOs, as well as with Red Cross Movement Parmers involved.
• Relevant university degree in Development studies Disaster Management Project management
• Minimal 3 years’ experience in managing programs in a humanitarian organization
• Excellent skills in coordination andpartner relationship building with other agencies and organizations
• Demonstrated technical expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource management, implementation ability as well as programme monitoring and evaluation
• Experience of working for Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is an added advantage
How to apply
Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and day time contact numbers should be addressed to:
The Secretary General,
Zambia Red Cross Society,
PO Box 50001,