The incumbent will support Child Rights Governance Programmes and will consolidate and scale up Save the children work on research, capacity building and advocacy activities at national level to ensure more and better spending on children by government and local stakeholders.
This will be achieved through budget advocacy, building and strengthening community and child engagement in the development, planning and implementation and monitoring of budgets. Supporting the strengthening of structures to influence public spending on children in line with the three breakthrough (Health, Education and Child Protection) to ensure that all children in Zambia, especially the poorest, benefit from greater public investment and better use of public resources in order to realise their rights.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supporting the partners to implement programmes under the Sida CSO Project under the Child Rights Governance and Child Protection thematic area at all levels (District, provincial and national level).
- Documenting project/partner experiences to capture the good practices, results and impacts achieved and any other experiences relevant for sharing with others.
- Ensure effective implementation of national level work on Investment in Children.
- Responsible for setting up meetings and ensuring CRG and Child Protection interventions under the project are on track.
- Establish an innovative model of how SC can engage in new communities through working with them in a systematic manner that could be adopted and institutionalized elsewhere.
- Establish a consistent and well documented approach to local level engagement (communities and local government, private sector and civil society an engagement) and be known for it in Zambia
- Scale up/sustain work on influencing local and national budgets, tracking expenditure and influencing resource mobilization to invest in children
- Analyse reports and funding requests from the partners, providing feed-back and recommending transfer of funds
- Prepare quality semi-annual and annual reports as per the requirements of the agency and the grants on time.
- Ensure timely disbursement of funds to implementing partners including ensuring efficient utilisation of funds.
- Undertake field monitoring visit.
- Liaise with other practitioners in a similar field of work and with government on policy and practice issues and informing them of our interventions and work.
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Programme planning, budgeting and tracking of expenditure
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Social Sciences or relevant area;
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience with right-based issues; preferably children’s rights within civil society sector;
- Strong knowledge of Children’s rights and governance.
- Demonstrated skills in the design of human rights projects
- Experience in proposal development
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives
- English language proficiency a must, local languages an added advantage
- Strong communication(verbal and writing skills) , interpersonal and representational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of word, Microsoft excel and power point
Please visit our website on https://zambia.savethechildren.net/about-us for detailed job advertisement indicating specific requirements needed for the position.
How to Apply: Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Director Human Resources at email@example.com .
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st January 2018 (Extended for one week).
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
Powered by Jobs Zambia