HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF ZAMBIA
The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health Professions Act No. 24 of The Health Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions.
The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following positions:
PART- TIME INSPECTORS X45
Job Profile: To conduct effectively the inspection of health facilities and monitoring of the conduct
and practice of the health practitioners in order to ensure compliance to the set standards in the health sector.
- To undertake effectively the mspcctions of Health and training facilities, in order to ensure compliance to set standards;
- To undertake effectively the assessment of health services in order to establish eligibility for accrcditation
- To undertake effectively the inspection of the practice and conduct of health practitioners in order to ensure adherence to professional code of conduct
- To undertake effectively the inspection of the provision of training and CPD centres in order to ensure compliance to the curricula and other set standards.
- Undertakes effectively the monitoring and evaluation of the inspection in order to facilitate the identification and implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Ensures the timely preparation of inspections reports in order to facilitate decision making;
- Prepares timely, accurate inspections reports in order to ensure compliance to statutory requirements
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Report to the Assistant Registrar Inspections and Accreditations
- Full grade twelve (12)/Form five (5) Certificate
- Bachelor of Science degree in Health related Sciences
- HPCZ Full Registration Certificate
- HPCZ Valid practicing Certificate
- Minimum of continuous 3 years work experience as health Practitioner
- Goal-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision to achieve results, as well as able to collaborate with a diverse team.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of most used packages.
NOTE: SUCCESSFUL PART-TIME INSPECTORS ARE EXPECTED TO UNDERGO AN INTENSIVE COST SHARING TEN ( 10) DAYS INSPECTION AND PROSECUTION TRAINING BY THE ZAMBIA INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED LEGAL EDUCATION (ZIALE) IN LUSAKA. WHEREBY THE COUNCIL WILL MEET THE COST OF TRAINING, THE SUCCESSFUL PART-TIME INSPECTORS WILL HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES ON TRANSPORTATIO AND LODGING ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE COMING FROM OUTSIDE LUSAKA.
Please note that, only applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply and send Application Letters including their daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
Health Professions Council of Zambia
Plot No. 7 Chaholi Road, Rhodes Park
PO Box 32554
Tel/Fax: +260 211 239317
Closing date: Friday, 23rd March 2018
Only short listed candidates will be responded to and acknowledged by phone.
NOTE: Kindly note that those who applied earlier need NOT to re-apply.
Promoting Quality Healthcare and Safeguarding the Public is Our Prime Concern.