1. Land Surveyor
Reporting to the Site Manager and Site Engineer.
To carrying out all survey works including but not limited to cadastral surveys, topographical surveys, setting out of civil and building works structures, pipe line alignments, plotting and generation of survey drawings and maps
Key result Areas
- Carry out Topo-surveys
- Cadastral surveying
- Setting out of civil and building works structures.
- Setting and control of all vertical levels as per Civil Engineer/Architectural drawings.
- Ensure timely calibration of survey equipment and instruments.
- Coordinate all survey works as per works plan and in close liaison of the site Civil Engineer.
- Manage and lead the team in surveying staff.
- Prepare and generate all survey drawings requested by the Civil Engineer.
- Generate site layout as directed by the Civil Engineer.
- Superimpose site layout on Google map as directed by the Civil Engineer.
- Carry out/coordinate maintenance of all survey equipment.
- Keep inventory of all survey drawings and maps as directed.
- Proven minimum of 7 years working experience as a Site Surveyor in a busy construction environment.
- Degree or HND in Survey Engineering.
- Proven knowledge and experience of total station and other modern survey instruments.
- Proven site supervision experience
- Computer literacy in Auto CAD /Arch CAD in addition to basic office suit soft wares.
- A strong team building, decision-making and people management skill is an added advantage.
Reporting to Mechanical Supervisor
To carry out welding, fabrication, repair and modification of various types of plant piping, vessels and structures in accordance with Company procedures, standards, codes and practices.
Key Result Areas
- Set-up/run RT Quality Vessel Weld in 3G positions.
- Set-up/run RT Quality Pipe Weld All Positions (6G).
- Set-up/run Quality Nozzle Welds All positions (6G).
- Set-up/run Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Able to make any RT Weld Repair.
- Pre-inspect set P up/run ARC, MIG and TIG welding machines and its accessories.
- Read drawings, interpret welding symbols, WPSs’ and PQRs
- Carry out welding consumable control practices such as electrode baking, holding and preservation practices.
- Observe and follow Company’s HSE procedure to ensure work is carried out in safe manner.
- Receive Hot work permit as performer and able to understand permit conditions.
- Ensure daily good house-keeping practices on the job site and maintain all tools and equipment in good order.
- Grade 12 School Leaving Certificate.
- Additional training in industrial trade as a welder will be preferred.
- At least 5 (five) years’ experience as a vessel/pipe/structural welder in the oil and gas industry.
- Shall have previous qualifications in SMAW, GTAW or GMAW welding processes in 3G and 6G positions for carbon steel and stainless steel materials.
- Knowledge of electrodes and filler wire for oil industry.
- Ability to work in a large multinational team.
- Experience in oil and gas or related industry and awareness of hazards associated with welding i.e. electric shocks, confined spaces, fumes etc.
3. Health and Safety Manager
Reporting to Head of Technical Services
Supervises: HSE Officers
To organize, plan, staff, motivate, coordinate and direct the construction HSE effort, and provide expertise and in-depth knowledge in the areas of HSE leadership, occupational safety, health and environment in a project and construction environment.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain and update the project health, safety and environmental management systems during project execution.
- Plan and implement site HSE programs with reference to leading indicators, legal references, standards and best practices.
- Communicate health, safety and environmental action plans, concerns and decisions to respective projects personnel, client and contractors
- Facilitate the submission and compliance to statutory licenses and permits from appropriate governmental agencies. Ensure projects maintain records required by HSE laws and procedures.
- Implement worksite HSE plans with regard to HSE work practices such as: HSE Instructions to personnel, contractors and clients, Permit to Work, Working at Heights, Fire Safety etc.
- Facilitate the inspection of Heavy Equipment and Machinery / Power tools during pre-deployment and during periodic inspection
- Implement proactive measures to curb accidents / incidents and unsafe behaviours / conditions from recurrence through promotion, campaigns, and talks / training.
- Manage project HSE records (audit, inspection, meetings, incidents, tool box talks, pre-job start talk etc.)
- Conduct incident investigation and submit reports according to company, legal and client requirements. Communicate incident reports and lessons learned.
- Generate or review work method statements, JSAs and risk assessments in line with company and client procedures.
- Compile and submit monthly HSE statistics and report.
- 7 years’ experience in a similar position for a busy construction company preferably within an oil, gas and mining facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in an engineering discipline or a professional HSE qualification.
- A current relevant health and safety qualification
- Experience and understanding of the requirements of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Strong communication, presentation and leadership skills.
4. Architectural/Civil Draughtsman
Reporting to Design and Planning Manager
Drafting and preparation of detailed drawings of architectural and civil structures of buildings, roads, drainages, sheds and gantries, dykes, structural supports/bridges, foundations and topographical maps used in civil engineering projects.
- Prepare project architectural/civil construction and as-built detailed drawings for site plans, building architectural drawings, civil drawings, structural plans, plumbing plans, construction details, finish schedules, bar bending schedules and all other required drawings.
- Based on issued sketches or notes , prepare plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects such as depots, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, fuel tank structures ,structural supports and foundations.
- Prepare drawings for submission and documentation according to required specifications and scope.
- Ensure sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data conform to design concepts, regulations, specifications and design quality.
- Prepare quantity and specifications of required materials and prepare material lists as per drawing.
- Provide drawing explanations and clarifications to construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Preparing drawings, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, and structures.
- Prepare detailed work plans in line with designs and drawings for project implementation team
- Carry out other duties as required.
- BSc degree in Civil/ structural Engineering, Architecture or diploma from a technical college with additional experience
- Proven work experience, minimum 7 years as architectural/civil /structural drafter or similar role
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and other relevant design software (work samples required along with application)
- Proficiency in 3D modeling tools.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant and current codes requirements.
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application not later than 2nd March, 2018 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae and three contactable referees to email@example.com.
NB: BSL is an equal opportunity company. Only the shortlisted shall be contacted.
The Human Resource Manager
Belgravia Services Limited
Bwana Mkubwa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 230081