Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining
company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the
North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the
Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial
capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged
operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per
annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average
of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20)
year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut
copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an
experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the
position of Mine Trainer – Drill Equipment.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Trainer – Drill Equipment, you
will be responsible for assisting the in conducting the Drill
training and assessments and in implementation of a
comprehensive training programs designed to ensure all Drill
operators are given the tools to achieve excellence in the
mine equipment operation.
· Support training compliance with the requirements of LMC
· Define and identify the training needs as per the
· Support the compliance to the Operator Competency
· Indirectly minimize costs through efficient training of
employees by providing expertise, resources and services.
· Report and document all training paper work pertaining to
management of IQA systems for capturing and storing training
· Support in the Implementation and development of
facilitator’s manuals, capability assessments, workplace
· Assist with incident investigations as and when required.
· Assist in Development, implementation and maintaining safe
work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness.
Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety
· Train and Assess Drill equipment operators
· Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce
competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention
and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally
· Support the development and maintenance of up to date job
procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
· Be visible in the workplace.
Experience & Qualifications
· Certificate IV in training/Assessor or any other relevant
· Certificate in Drill operation
· Must have a current Driver’s license.
· Minimum 5 years operating mining equipment.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
· Competent in incident/accident investigation
· Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change
· High level understanding of all relevant legislation
affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining
industry in Zambia.
· Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position
and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application
by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a
Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence
Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .e
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: