Responsibilities and general accountability encompass but are not restricted to the following:
- Collection Management
- Exhibitions, art and artists’ collaboration
- Documentation, research and publication
- Education and outreach
- Public information and promotion
- Cooperation with similar or related institutions and organisations
- Programme administration and management
- Art related activities that generate income
Qualifications. Experience and Skills:
- MA or BA Degree in Art History, History of Art, Fine Art, Zambian Traditional Ceremonies & Culture, Sociology or anthropology and art, Museum studies, Art administration or other related fields. A major in African contemporary art is desirable.
- Pre-entry work experience is a prerequisite for BA holders
- Demonstrable museum and/or gallery experience particularly in collection management and exhibition design.
- Knowledge ofthe creative industry, its economics and ethics is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with financial and general management, project development and project proposal writing.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational, research and planning skills.
- Computer literate and internet savvy.
How to Apply
An attractive remuneration package and conditions of service will be negotiated with the successful applicants. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and a handwritten motivation letter of no more than two pages, quoting reference LTGOI. Clearly indicate the position you are applying for:
Curator, Assistant Curator or Internship.
By hand to: Lechwe Trust, Room 11, Ndeke Hotel, Longacres, Lusaka.
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post to: P O Box 320236, Woodlands, Lusaka.
Closing date for receipt of applications is May 22 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.