Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Rotable Planner
Reporting to the Rotables Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting the aims and goals of the Rotables Section within Supply by ensuring successful implementation of the Rotables Planning function and demonstrate ability to manage all facets of the planning and execution of the management plan.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure components are tracked from time of planned removal to picking slip generation for next use
- Track and store repair reports providing comprehensive documentation, materials and critical dimensions, test results in an online library
- Warranty tracking and reporting
- Maintain visibility of Warehouse stock reviews on maintenance components and stock levels
- Supply representation for OEM and contractor management – minute meetings
- Support technical selection and trial management for wear component improvement
- Responsible for the management of the KPI’s related to repair management of Rotable Components with weekly updates as to compliance of KPI
- Ensure all company policies and procedures in relation to procurement are adhered to
- Assist in providing a consistent and quality service to all our customers and ensure customer satisfaction is achieved
- Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness.
- Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy
- Create visitation roster of various repairers in line with critical works in progress.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Develop objectives for sharing common infrastructure and support services across Barrick and cascade this throughout function
- Manage help desk and ensure all requests are actioned
Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering or a similar field
- A minimum of at 3 years post qualification experience in the similar position
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of process creation.
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Zambia
- Strong maintenance background
- Strong computer skill set including formula creation in excel as well as document creation in word
- Additional Commercial qualification desirable
- Exposure to ERP such as Pronto will be an added advantage