The Program Manager will be responsible for creating significant knowledge on the Ipas Zambia country programme. He/She should be capable of understanding and successfully implementing international sexual and reproductive health programs.
The Program Manger will provide first hand support to the Country Director in managing operations in ZambiaÂ office to maximize the delivery of Ipas Zambiaâ€™s strategic goals.
The Program Manger will demonstrates commitment to the women and girls served by the programme through pragmatic and effective decision-making, acting with a sense of urgency and providing timely guidance to staff.
Â The Program Manager will work with the team, providing technical leadership for the Zambia program under the direction of the Country Director. This position is also responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and work plans to ensure that program goals and objectives are met at the country level.
The Program Manager will provide strategic guidance and input in program implementation, development of annual work plans, proposal development, analysis of programmatic results, identification and resolution of challenges related to program performance, application of lessons learned and best practices to improve program performance, donor reporting, financial monitoring, and personnel management. The Program Manager will also maintain close relationships with in-country key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation. The Program Manager will work at a national level to provide technical leadership for the Zambia program under the direction of the Country Director.
- Co-ordinating the programme work in the country office.
- Contributing to new program design and strategy, ensuring alignment with Ipas mission, values, and strategic plan.
- Responsible for managing the execution of programmatic work, ensuring high-quality project implementation.
- Providing guidance on programmatic, budget, and contractual obligations, including donor reporting.
- Developing award work plans and conduct routine program analyses, including regular review and use of monitoring data and organizational quality standard indicators, Â to track progress against key indicators using performance metrics, and engage project team(s) to adjust plans as needed
- Working with the team in developing award budgets and track spending, using financial management tools, conducting regular review and analysis of financial data, and engaging the project team(s) to adjust plans.
- Providing strategic and technical guidance including ensuring that all programmatic issues are addressed in an effective, cost-effective and timely manner, including ensuring support and input from Â headquarters.
- Working with the Team in adapting and implementing organization-wide initiatives, systems, and policies; Monitoring for compliance with organizational policies
- Managing and supporting donor reporting process, including contributing to report documents and soliciting input from various project team members, ensuring quality and timely submission.
- From time to time, being part of field activities in program sites in order to provide programmatic oversight and assistance.
- Supporting the Country Director in representations with government and other critical staaleholders t national and province level meetings when requested.
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Collaborating with the Country Director and operations/techincal leads in reference to allocation of resources, budgetary issues, and program results.
- Co-ordinating work with North Carolina Programs Support on program implementation, field level challenges, and other program issues.
- Working with Programme Support Team on implementation of program work plans, budget review, and development of proposals and donor reports.
- Reporting to the Country Director in reference to special requests, strategic planning, and program results and progress
- Supporting the Country Director in external relations through the representation of Ipas among partners and key stakeholders and promoting Ipasâ€™s mission through delivering presentations at relevant meetings and conferences.
- Helping to develop and maintain national and provincial level partnerships with donors, government, INGOs, NGOs, and others
- Supporting recruitment, development, and mentoring of program staff
- Providing leadership, supervision, support, guidance, and constructive feedback to staff and consultants, including the development and tracking of annual performance objectives
- At least 5 Yearsâ€™ experience in a Management position
- At least 7 yearsâ€™ personnel, programmatic, and financial management experience, preferably in development with an International Non-Governmental Organization
- Demonstrated strengths in strategic planning and programs management, including strong interpersonal and supervision skills.
- Experience working on technical components of comprehensive SRH programs which include improving service delivery at the health systems level and engaging and working with community stakeholders to improve women and girls ability to access available services
- Relevant post-graduate degree (e.g. MPH, MBA, etc.) or comparable experience in implementing and managing complex programs at national scale
- Previous supervisory experience of a minimum of four full time technical staff members required
- Cross-cultural work experience required
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Must be eligible to work in country without sponsorship
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Strong communication skills
- Business Acumen
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong Leadership/management skills
- Meticulous Planning and organization skills
Professional Knowledge And Skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of development and women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Working knowledge of project management and strategy development
- Working knowledge of budget management including forecasting and tracking spending.
- Working knowledge of managing project operations and logistics
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Project and budget management experience
- Past experience with Ministry of Health at county and district and provincial level.