- Company: Ministry of Mines and Minerals Development
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: HEAD – EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES TRANSPARENCY INITIATIVE (EITI)
The Ministry of Mines and Minerals Development is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Head-Zambia EITI Secretariat.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Mines and Mines development and shall be responsible for:
- Overseeing the implementation of the EITI in country on behalf of the Zarnbia EITI Council (ZEC) ;
- Initiating research in collaborations with the Government on various topical issues in the country in relation to the extractive sector;
- Liase with external partners on administrative matters (EITI International Secretariat, World Bank).
- Coordinate preparations for validation.
- Responsible for day to day running of the secretariat including materials and human resources.
The Head-EITI Secretariat should have a strong background in research and Development, Project Management and possess strong organizational, communication, management, and administrative skills.
The Head-EITI should have:
- A full Grade Twelve Certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Finance and Business Administration, management or any related field with a Master’s Degree in the above-indicated fields.
- Extensive experience in social-economic research as well as coordination and administration of Donor-funded programs or projects.
- Writing skill: Ability to write analytical and informative materials
- Initiative and Resourcefulness.
- Computer skills
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Leadership and managerial skills.
- Applicant must not be less than thirty five (35) years.
How to Apply
Application letters together with copies of academic and professional qualifications, a copy of NRC and a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the following address:
The Permanent Secretary Ministry of Mines and Minerals Development Government Complex 12th, Floor LUSAKA
The deadline for receiving applications is 21 st January, 2019.