ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalised and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
Grants and Compliance Manager
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified Zambian to fill the position of GRANTS AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER
The Grants and Compliance Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing the grants system for ActionAid Zambia in line with the established policies, principles and operating practices of ActionAid International as well as other standard practices. s/he will be responsible for the planning and implementation of grants programmes from its application to approval and utilization. The job holder will ensure adherence to procedures and policies that meet donor rules and regulations.
- Maintain a grants management system for disbursement of project sub-grants;
- Facilitate the process for grant applications, evaluation and selection of grant sub partners.
- Facilitate development of sub-granting agreements based on recommendations from the Project Accountability Team (PAT) and oversee grants disbursement to sub partners.
- Review and analyse progress reports and recommend appropriate interventions to build capacity of sub partners;
- Review all reimbursement requests for cost allowability and ensuring that the sub-partner is in compliance with signed sub-agreements and scope of work.
- Provide leadership in establishing and strengthening sub-partners internal governance, programme and administrative capacities;
- Provide leadership in maintaining and strengthening liaison among Sub-Partners and the communities they serve;
- Establish and manage the technical review committees in accordance with ActionAid Zambia grants management procedures.
- Managing hub teams and capacity building to strengthen their engagement with sub partners.
- Coordinate pre-award audits and partnership agreement closeout processes.
- Liaise with finance to develop a financial forecast to maintain a sustainable flow of resources for timely subgrating.
- Participate in internal planning and review processes and provide updates on grant management;
- Participate in international learning platforms on grants & partnership management;
- Produce periodic quality narrative reports on grant implementation progress;
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or its equivalent. Project Management will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Grants designing, administration, financial and contract management. Experience in Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation is a MUST.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to manage relationships with partners or stakeholders across the organization;
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Ability to make clear, concise and accurate presentations, and dialogue and consultation with partners and project team members.
- Has strong writing skills, for project reports and all project type documents.
- Strong skills in various IT packages including Microsoft, Excel and SPSS; as well as virtual communication platforms for dialogue and conferencing such as Skype, Webinar mediums and others.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to cope with partnerships dynamics by employing an inclusive approach to deal with different of partners.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address: email@example.com. The Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 3rd September 2018 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE). Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates.
ActionAid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia