The Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) is a statutory body incorporated under the Water Resources Management (WRM) Act No. 21 of 2011. The mandate of WARMA is to preserve and protect Zambia’s ground and surface water resources and regulate the abstraction, allocation, use, development and management of water in a sustainable manner.
WARMA seeks to recruit for the following positions to be based at the WARMA Head Office in Lusaka. These are senior positions that are of value to the institution. WARMA is an equal opportunity employer and as such applications are hereby invited from Zambian citizens only.
As Finance Manager your overall responsibility will be to manage all financial affairs of the Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA). You will be accountable for the provision of financial advice and support to the Director General and other units in the Authority to enable them make sound business plans and decisions in the implementation of WARMA’s water resource management objectives.
Clear budgetary planning, cash flow management, fund accounting, financial reporting as well as oversight on all institutional revenues and expenditure for the Authority will be key attributes of your function. Prudent financial planning and management, sound financial forecasting and analysis are imperative responsibilities. Adherence to public finance management principles and globally accepted and standard financial management tenets and practices will be a must.
You will report to the Director General who will be your immediate supervisor.
- A full and genuine Grade 12 with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ levels including English and Mathematics.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Accounting
- Higher and/or Professional qualifications would be an added advantage.
- At least seven (07) years’ work experience in Accounts Department at senior level in a reputable organization or company with diverse staff teams
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Your specific functions and accountabilities will be:
- Managing fund inflows and outflows from various sources.
- Providing and interpreting financial information.
- Liaising with Ministry of Water Development, Sanitation & Environmental Protection (MWDSEP) on financial inflows in line with government funding frameworks.
- Liaising and coordinating with Cooperating Partners on committed funding for WARMA activities.
- Preparing and monitoring cash flows and predicting future trends.
- Participating in financial resource mobilisation activities as may be necessary.
- Advising management on sustainable financial investment opportunities.
- Analysing and reporting on factors influencing business performance.
- Developing financial management tools, controls and mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Managing all company assets and ensuring they are in optimum state at all times and appropriately insured.
- Implementing effective grant and fund accounting systems.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Manage the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Coordinating and assessing financial needs for catchment and sub-catchment teams to ensure they operate smoothly.
- Managing theAuthority’s pay roll system.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual audits are carried out.
- Preparing monthly management accounts and other periodical and special reports to specific deadlines.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. Auditors, Bankers, Statutory Organizations and other Institutions such as ZRA, MOF, NAPSA and National Council for Construction (NCC) among others.
- Supervising and managing accounts staff under your charge.
- Ensuring adherence to statutory obligations regarding contracting and taxation.
- Ensuring timely bank reconciliation and smooth petty cash management.
- Undertaking any other financial responsibilities tasked to you.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Good oral and written skills
- Proficient IT skills – Microsoft Word/ Excel/ Project
- Good interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Attention to detail
- A self-starter, proactive and should be able to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
All applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with the position of interest and delivered or posted to the undersigned. Please note that the application package should consist of an application letter, latest CV, certified copies of educational and professional credentials.
The Director General, Water Resources Management Authority Plot No. 4186 Addis Ababa Drive P. O. Box 51059, LUSAKA.
Deadline for Applications is October 31st 2018
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.