WeForest Zambia is a local NGO that is looking to expand its team with a new professional. The extensionist will work in a dynamic team on our objective towards increasing forest cover in smallholder farmers’ Miombo woodlots as a scalable solution for climate mitigation and adaptation, livelihood improvement and gender equitable development. The extensionist will work under the direct supervision of the field manager and will mainly be active in the field in Luanshya, Ndola and Mpongwe.
- Implementing Farm Forestry Projects at district level
- Conduct socio-economic surveys to assess baseline and follow-up
- Collect field data and assist in the mapping processes.
- Help in delivering training among farmers at the district level
- Assist with the selection of pilot and lead farmers
- Assisting in the nursery, overviewing and assisting with forestry activities (such as mounting beehives, tree planting and measuring trees.
- Communication directly with field manager and Project Manager amongst other.
- Education: A minimum of B.Sc. in Forestry or equivalent.
- Language: Fluent in English (both speaking and writing) and Bemba
- Experience: Preferably 2 years’ relevant work experience in the forestry sector
- Skills: Excellent coordination, training and communication skills
- Strong and persistent with fieldwork
- Full-time, up to a maximum of 48 hours per week
- Probation period of 3 months, starting as soon as possible; Upon positive evaluation an employee contract for 2 years can be signed.
- From Rainlands’ offices, Kitwe, though with extensive field work in the project area.
- Remuneration: Approx. 4,000 ZMK monthly gross salary (gratuity and allowances included).
Contact James Nsangu Tembo ([email protected]) with your full CV and motivation letter by no later than the 15th of January. Please restrain from applying if you do not meet the above criteria.