- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or any related study
- 2 years Experience
- Troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on complex electrical equipment, including control circuits, communication systems and motors/devices.
- Install or modify electrical equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, and other specifications with minimal instruction after general assignment.
- Use Electrical Ingenuity and Work directly with all mechanics and operations personnel in a fast-paced environment to help develop a safety focused and productive Finishing Mill Team.
- Support maintenance team-mates to help maintain a positive and efficient work environment focused on safety and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and repair 110 through 480-voltage alternating current equipment.
- Obtain measurements and readings using electrical and mechanical testing instruments, including digital multi meters, meggers, amp meters, ohm meters, and phase rotation meters.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, such as electrical preventative maintenance, tagout/ lock-out, disconnecting and removing motors, and responding to emergencies.
- Coordinate maintenance work with other sections, contractors, and engineers; estimate time, materials, and equipment required for repairs; examine various electrical systems and make recommendations for new equipment, repairs, and modifications.
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work; prepare reports, documentation, and correspondence.
- Perform pipe bending and installation of electrical conduit, equipment, feeders, branch circuits, motors, and lighting.
- Draw and read electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or diagrams.
- Install, maintain, test, and repair plant lighting and electrical equipment.
- Test and maintain electric motors, variable frequency drives, alarms, and control systems to ensure proper working condition.
- Assist staff with information regarding electrical systems within the plant and off-site locations.
- Participate in an electrical safety program.
- Perform annual maintenance of motor control centres.
- Perform other related duties as required.