EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: ECONOMIST- EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES TRANSPARENCY INIATITIVE (EITI)
The Ministry of Mines and Minerals Development is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Economist Zambia EI TI Secretariat.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative and shall be responsible for:
- Provide support and input in the analysis of data from the EI TI reporting process and other mining related data for the ZEITI Secretariat.
- Collect and document mining and economic related information for the ZEITI Secretariat to assist the MSG in formulating policy recommendations to the government on the governance of the extractive sector.
- Develop and manage a data base of economic and financial information collected from the mining sector and various government agencies
- Produce regular briefs on the various macroeconomic indicators and other related information from the mining sector.
- Initiate research in collaboration with other stakeholder on various topical issues in the country in relation to the extractive sector.
- Prepare presentations on EI TI and mining related information for dissemination to stakeholders.
- Provide support towards the development of various TORs for the implementation of the EITI in Zambia.
- Provide support towards mainstreaming of EI TI data on various government and companies reporting platforms.
- Provide support and input in the development of a sector wide financial model for EI TI stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support to the ZEITI Secretariat such as preparing the agenda for meetings, organizing forums and outreach activities.
- A full Grade Twelve Certificate;
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics. A master’s degree in the related field is an added advantage.
- Ability to conduct research, write reports and disseminate results
- 5 years experience with Government or other organizations.
- Computer Literate
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
Application together with copies of academic and professional qualifications, copy of NRC and a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the following address:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Mines and Minerals Development
Government Complex 12, Floor
The deadline for receiving applications is 21st January, 2019.