The Business Year, a leading provider of economic intelligence and a publisher of annual trade and investment resources, is now hiring Country Editor based in Zambia.
- University graduates with a sound knowledge of international, political, business and economic affairs – aged between 24-28.
- Perfect command of both written and spoken English. Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish, is a plus.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- An interest in traveling extensively and year-around availability, capable of adapting to new cultures and changing environments.
- Relevant journalistic experience or training.
- A working knowledge of current events, business, economics and geopolitics.
- Strong work ethic.
- Outstanding personal presentation.
- Excellent organizational, networking and interpersonal skills to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent and self-motivated – takes on big challenges, driven to deliver and at ease with working under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, functioning well within a team environment while being capable of working independently. Must demonstrate superior problem solving and communications skills
Based abroad for 11 months every year in a variety of international destinations spending an average of 3-8 months in each country.
Working in a team of 2/3 responsible for analyzing and identifying leading industry players, conducting interviews with world’s top decision makers (Presidents, Ministers, Chairmen, CEOs, etc.), collecting first-hand information and writing authoritative articles.
How to Apply
If you fit the profile and are ready to embark on this unique adventure in a work environment like no other, please send your CV, writing samples and a recent photo to: email@example.com