About Challenges Zambia
Challenges Zambia is a subsidiary of Challenges Group, a social enterprise headquartered in the United Kingdom. Thriving networks of businesses, who are in a position to access economic opportunities and succeed independently. To enable businesses to grow, through implementing good practice and encouraging the development of SME-centred products and services. We do this by combining a data-driven approach to our work, lean thinking in our projects, and utilising the power of local know-how. We provide a combination of advisory, implementation and training services.
Challenges Zambia has been operating in Zambia since 2015. Recently, we have partnered with Private Enterprise Programme Zambia in their Business Linkages Programme. Here we have delivered on projects covering financial services, agriculture, mining and tourism. Most recently we supported the development of a life insurance proposition for SMEs.
As we look to build new partnerships in 2019, we are actively recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join the organisation.
Contract type: Full time Employment
Remuneration: 108,000 ZMW per annum + NAPSA + Medical Insurance + Bonus
Our Business Development Manager will have three primary responsibilities:
- Identifying new leads for programmes / organisations
- Pitching Challenges’ service offerings to potential clients / partners
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing clients / partners
Day-to-day duties will typically include:
- Researching organisations and individuals to identify new leads and potentially new markets
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and pitches for new projects
- Developing proposals and quotes for new projects
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments at Challenges
- Developing business development goals with the team and ensuring they are met
- Training other members of the team in business development and helping team members develop their skills
Skills & Values
- Experience in sales / business development in any sector
- Experience leading a small team or project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilful negotiator in high pressure environments
- Strong maintainer and builder of relationships
- Creative and divergent thinker
- Enjoys owning responsibility for work
- Able to give and receive feedback positively
- Interest in SME development, especially in agriculture, mining or financial services
Please respond to this job advert directly, or email [email protected], attached your CV, copies of any relevant qualifications and a cover letter.
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday 5th October.