The Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) is a statutory body incorporated under the Water Resources Management (WRM) Act No. 21 of 2011. The mandate of WARMA is to preserve and protect Zambia’s ground and surface water resources and regulate the abstraction, allocation, use, development and management of water in a sustainable manner.
WARMA seeks to recruit for the following positions to be based at the WARMA Head Office in Lusaka. These are senior positions that are of value to the institution. WARMA is an equal opportunity employer and as such applications are hereby invited from Zambian citizens only.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
As Human Resources Manager you will be required to maintain, motivate and develop an efficient and effective cadre of staff in WARMA that will enable the organization attain its institutional and operational goals.
- A full and genuine Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O levels including English and Mathematics.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Administration.
- A Masters qualification would be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of the ZIHRM.
- A self-starter.
- At least five (05) years’ work experience in Human Resources Management at senior level in a reputable organization or company with diverse staff teams
- Experience in developing HR systems in an organization
- Knowledgeable of the Zambian labour, health and insurance laws
- Computer literate
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be expected to perform the following key functions:
- Develop human resource policies and procedures and advise on organizational policy matters and
recommend changes as may be necessary.
- Identify staff vacancies and facilitate the recruitment, selection and placement of staff.
- Manage the WARMA staff vital statistics and pay histories and records in league with Finance
- Plan and conducts new employee orientation and provide current and prospective employees with
information about policies, job duties, working conditions, salaries and employee benefits.
- Recommend capacity building and training for staff as may be appropriate
- Implement training and staff development programmes as approved by Management.
- Analyze, modify and administer employee compensation and benefits to ensure employee satisfaction and acceptable conditions of service.
- Develop and implement a staff performance appraisal/management system that rewards excellence and addresses poor performance, and performs succession planning.
- Plan and conduct Job Evaluation, Salary Surveys and Organisation Development to optimize human capital potentials.
- Execute health, safety and programmes for employees.
- Promote employee engagement, handles and mediates employee disputes and develops programmes to promote employee retention.
- Manage administrative staff under your charge.
- Deploy the Human Resources and records information management systems that facilitate business and strategic planning at both corporate and functional level.
- Implement a sound disciplinary code of conduct in WARMA to improve the behavior and performance of the work force.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the supervisor from time to time.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Good oral and written skills
- Proficient IT skills – Microsoft Word/Excel/ Project
- Good interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Attention to detail
- A self-starter, proactive and should be able to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
All applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with the position of interest and delivered or posted to the undersigned. Please note that the application package should consist of an application letter, latest CV, certified copies of educational and professional credentials.
The Director General, Water Resources Management Authority Plot No. 4186 Addis Ababa Drive P. O. Box 51059, LUSAKA.
Deadline for Applications is October 31st 2018
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.