Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting
applications from suitably qualified and experienced
individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the
Bank’s strategic vision, in the Operations Divisionunder the
Information Technology Department to be based at Head Office:-
The role is responsible for providing administrative and vendor
support for the Information Technology Department. This
position works closely with the Head of Information Technology
in ensuring the efficient collection, filing and flow of
information and documentation internally and externally. The
position also has the responsibility for building and managing
relationships with those who supply ICT products and services
to the Bank and ensuring that vendors meet or exceed their
Under the supervision of the Head – Information
Technology, the following are among the Job Key
• To manage all IT administrative requirements.
• To monitor contractual agreements for all IT function’s
• To assist with evaluating potential suppliers using developed
and agreed criteria to support alignment and understanding of
the expectations and requirements of engagement.
• To identify improvement areas internally as well as perform
closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare solutions.
• To organize departmental meetings, ad hoc meetings, and
• To serve as liaison with various staff members to ensure
appropriate follow-up with departmental assignments, projects
and critical issues.
• To assist in the production of complex documents involving
graphs, excel etc.
• To track IT department budget and financial statistics; and
to prepare graphs and reports with this data.
• To prepare internal and external correspondence i.e. Sponsor
letters are prepared on correct templates, budgets checked &
submitted for sign off to Head IT & Chief Operations Officer.
• To raise payments for vendor invoices in Oracle ERP.
• To track issuing of purchase orders by procurement & provide
regular updates to Head IT & requesters on status.
• To ensure payment memos are received & submitted for payment
within 5 days with relevant stamps & initials.
• To ensure that all payments requests have required supporting
documentation in adherence to approved procedures, and are
submitted for payments within the stipulated time frame.
• To collect and document invoices & payments on file in IT.
• To ensure a safe and healthy work environment by complying
with the Bank’s health and safety policies, standard practices,
and programs in keeping with occupational health and safety,
legislation and regulations.
• To monitor and report on the performance of selected vendors
to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and
• To file internal & external correspondence i.e. board packs,
minutes, invoices, contracts, invoices, purchase requisitions,
purchase orders, etc.
• To maintain a comprehensive filing system for the department
in accordance with the Bank’s Records Management System.
• To manage outward communication to vendors to facilitate
understanding and awareness of organizational strategic
direction, changes and challenges.
• To liaise with procurement partners to review, report on and
revise contractual agreements as necessary.
• To plan and implement certain department-wide events.
External: Vendors/Service providers e.g. Oracle, Consultants.
Internal: All Divisions.
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English
and any other three subjects.
• Minimum Diploma or Higher in Information Technology.
• Atleast three (3) years working experience in IT
Administration or support.
Job Core Competencies
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Drive for Results
• Attention to Detail
How to apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and
detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied
for in the subject line and should be sent by email to: