Internship- Procurement Assistant
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme is currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Supply Chain Unit of the Zambia Counttry Office.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Lusaka Zambia. The Internship will be for an initial period of Seven months starting from 1st April 2018.
Terms And Conditions
• Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
• WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
• Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
• WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Supply Chain Unit with the following key duties:
- Peform procurement duties such as updating Vendor rosters and procurement tracking tools and conducting physical Vendor due diligence.
- Participate in procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bids, request for quotations and price quotes.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy; follow up on discrepancies with the suppliers.
- Sipplier identification for requisitioned item.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Process requisitions into bid assessments for forwarding to Procurement Associate for creation of purchase orders.
• Receive, open, screen, log and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organize bids for review by the Procurement Associate.
• Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry, photocopying, scanning and completing and processing standard purchasing forms.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments and respond to inquiries as requested
• Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
• Respond to inquiries from other Units regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and pricing information.
• Perform other duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’ in Degre Purchasing and Supply or Business Administration;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in general clerical work or in procurement would be an advantage
How to apply
Submit your CV and application to: