Organization: Catholic Medical Mission Board
Country: Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, Zambia
Closing date: 26 Jan 2018
CMMB is seeking professionals, 21 years and older, who can serve for a minimum of 6 months in the following public health volunteer positions:
- Public Health Generalists serve in CMMBs country offices and CHAMPs sites providing support to our country directors and programs team through a range of programmatic support activities. They receive exposure to a broad base of global health and community development programs and are able to put their knowledge and skills to work in a field office setting.
- MNCH, WASH, HIV, E-Health, Malaria Experts contribute their expertise in support of CMMB programs around the world; designing, implementing, and evaluating diverse initiatives in collaboration with CMMB Country Directors, partners and National Ministries of Health.
- Nutritionists are needed in Peru and Zambia to support ongoing programs related to child development and health education.
- Health Administrators provide critical support as we engage with clinical partners to improve human resources for health and facility operations. This is particularly important in Haiti where CMMB is opening the Bishop Joseph Sullivan Hospital in Cotes-de-Fer.
- Must be 21 years old
· Master of Public Health degree (or related field).
· Community Health Worker Certification preferred.
· Experience working with or knowledge of USG-supported cooperating agencies such as USAID and CDC, and international counterpart organizations useful.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; strong problem-solving skills.
· Ability to be flexible and prioritize projects and tasks effectively; self-starter; takes initiative.
· Problem solver, able to identify needs, and develop solutions.
· Ability to work with Microsoft Office tools.
· SPSS/Stata or other M&E software experience beneficial.
· Knowledge of professional and ethical standard of health care delivery and practice.
· Familiarity and interested in global health issues, especially maternal and child health issues.
· Willingness to endure resource-limited working conditions and evening/weekend hours.
· Proficiency in English; strong communication skills.
· Spanish fluency required in Peru.
· French or Creole required for Haiti
How to apply:
Apply online at https://cmmb.org/volunteer-interest-form/.
Powered by Jobs Botswana