Finance Assistant is responsible for providing assistance with incoming and outgoing financial transactions. The responsibilities also include maintaining bank as well as cash books, daily reconciliations, consolidating approved documentations (Receipts, Bank transactions, Vouchers, GRN, etc…), preparing vouchers, recording transactions according to SCI guidelines, filing and assisting during month end closure and audits.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As a member of Finance Team, contribute to:
- Check bills, invoices, and other supporting documents before payments to ensure the completeness of the documents, approval with clear and specific charging notes.
- Prepare Payment vouchers (PVA), Cash Receipts (CR), Cash Transfers (CT); General Journal vouchers – JVs on daily basis.
- Responsible for Bookkeeping and ensure all daily transactions has been booked on FMS- Agresso/Glacos.
- Writing the checks and maintenance of the bank books on a daily basis to ensure all outstanding checks are accounted for.
- Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure the balances are accurate and all the payments in the bank statements are accounted for.
- Handle all authorized petty cash payments
- Prepare daily cash count to ensure the cash balance is accurate and providing daily report to the Director of Office.
- Provide cash advances to program and admin staff and working to settle procurement, training and travel expenses. Ensure proper budget coding approvals from the authorized person and deliver the checks to concerned parties on timely basis.
- Assist in preparation of monthly salary payroll for SCI staff, salary charging sheets including tax and social Security.
- Maintain finance documents in an orderly and secure manner.
- Keep the confidentially of financial information including budget, bank balance and cash.
- Assist during year end as well as grant specific audits.
- Any other related tasks as requested by Supervisor.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- In case of emergency, contribute to finance services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Accountancy/studies related to Accounting or any other similar
- ZICA Licentiate, ACCA II, CIMA II would be considered as an advantage,
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience,
- Must be a paid member of ZICA;
- Good sense of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational & communications skills
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Good computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred. Knowledge of Agresso would be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
Please visit our website on https://zambia.savethechildren.net/about-us for detailed job advertisement indicating specific requirements needed for the position.
How to Apply: Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Director Human Resources at email@example.com .
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st January 2018 (Extended for one week).
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.