The Trust is now looking for a Community Outreach Manager. This is a full-time three-year position based at the Trust headquarters in the Kasanka National Park. The Community Outreach Manager would report to the Trust’s General Manager.
The Community Outreach Manager shall be responsible for implementing the Trust’s Program 6 Awareness Building and Program 7 Community Livelihood and Development.
For more information on the specific ToR, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Degree: At least a Bachelors, preferably a Masters, in the field of social or natural science;
- Experience: At least 10 years working as a community outreach or liaison facilitator or officer or similar and preferably in the context of natural resources management;
- Experience: At least 2 year in a position of leadership managing teams working with rural communities;
- IT software: Proficiency with the mainstream software of Microsoft Office;
- Language: Excellent written and spoken English and good command of Bemba
- Skills: Team leader and builder; very organized problem-solver; good listener and communicator.
Optional but Desired Skills, Qualifications or Experience
- Experience in a Zambia National Park, game management area, conservancies or gazetted forest systems especially with Community Resources Board and Community Forest Management Association.
- Prior knowledge and good understanding of the COMACO market-based approach.
- Prior exposure to environmental education such as the school conservation clubs.
Important Additional Requirements
- Willingness to live in a remote area in less than optimal living and working conditions;
- Willingness to travel by motorcycle to the communities living in the Chitambo District;
- Driving license.
How to Apply
Please email the following to email@example.com by 7th September 2018:
- a cover letter explaining how you would suit this position, and what you could contribute towards Kasanka Trust,
- your up to date CV with the contact details of three referees.