LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy.
At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org
Description of Services
LINC is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded, Scaling Up Nutrition- Learning and Evaluation Activity (SUN L&E) in Zambia. The SUN L&E will work simultaneously with the SUN Technical Assistance program and will to provide both outcome and high impact measures for the SUN program that will include population wide changes in nutritional status of children under two years of age across 30 districts in Zambia.
This is anticipated to be a seven-year long activity.
The Chief of Party is expected to lead and coordinate all components of the L&E activity, as well as oversee the gathering of data and the generation of conclusions. He or she will be responsible for communicating with USAID stakeholders and presenting findings to relevant parties and stakeholders. This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Lead oversight of overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and overall coordination with USAID/Zambia and other key stakeholders and audiences as required
- Provide day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the SUN LE program;
- Lead the overall technical and financial performance of the SUN LE program, including program planning, budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Design, development, and implementation of the project’s learning agenda, including development of evaluation tools, data collection and management, and knowledge sharing
- Oversee the project’s collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A master’s degree in strategic information-related areas preferred, including applied research, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, public health, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience preferred in research and data collection, CLA, knowledge management, and monitoring and evaluation
- Progressive experience in providing technical expertise on learning and evaluation to host governments or the private sector
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor funded programs preferred
- Prior experience or familiarity with nutrition, maternal and child health, agriculture, and water and sanitation programming in Zambia is highly desirable
- Strong management and communication skills, including excellent writing ability in English
- Prior experience working in Zambia and/or similar regions strongly preferred
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.