- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
If you love working in a dynamic environment where the demands are high, where you will be challenged every day and where you will get to work with the best of the best, then this role is for you.
Zoona is an African Start-up that offers Emerging Entrepreneurs an opportunity to provide money transfer and other payment services to their communities, while earning commissions and creating employment. We provide a mobile money platform, working capital financing, business management tools and entrepreneurial support focused on helping businesses grow and increasing financial inclusion in Africa.
We are currently looking for an experienced and best-in-class Marketing Manager to drive the effective and impactful planning and implementation of Marketing strategy in Zambia.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The role comprises of two main components: Revenue-generating campaigns and ongoing brand and communication initiatives to raise Zoona’s profile and strengthen our brand messaging in the industry.
Planning and implementation of effective revenue generating marketing campaigns
The primary focus of the role is on driving revenue through the effective end to end planning and implementation of effective marketing campaigns for Zoona’s Core Over the Counter (OTC) Products. These are coordinated efforts aimed at achieving a set series of objectives through marketing and communication tactics (ATL, BTL, Digital, PR etc.) within a defined time scope.
Some examples could be:
- Campaigns promoting and driving demand for existing OTC products
- Campaigns launching Zoona new OTC products
- Campaigns aimed at changing behaviours or cross-selling / up-selling services
- Segment analysis and segment and channel specific marketing campaigns
- Coordinated revenue-generating campaigns with strategic brand partners like Kiva or Key Accounts
- Each campaign will be scoped out to support organisational objectives, have a campaign plan developed (including targets and metrics) and implemented over a defined project period within budget allocations. It will be key that the marketing manager is able to provide an analysis of the return of investment of each campaign.
Raising Zoona’s profile and strengthening our brand messaging in the industry:
- Work with the Managing Director to bring to life the real impact of Zoona by uncovering unique and compelling stories and communicating them widely to raise our profile and increase our impact in the industry
- Assist in the design and communication of a real, relevant and industry leading brand that strongly communicates our values and beliefs and our mission of ‘Helping Communities Thrive’ both internally and externally
- Work with the Managing Director to take full brand ownership including consumer facing branding such as kiosks, flyers and all brand collateral elements and provide vision and direction for best positioning for each market
- Oversee the arrangement of speaking slots and attendance at key industry events for EXCO, leadership team and specialists to showcase Zoona’s story and position it as an industry leader; and define and manage metrics to measure impact.
- Develop, leverage and oversee the management of external PR resources, media and other key stakeholder relationships that support spreading of the Zoona impact story and positions us as a trusted financial service provider; and define and manage metrics to measure growth and impact.
Leadership and company engagement around communication:
- Creation of the marketing team’s objectives and plans linked to the company’s strategic priorities; and manage the team’s delivery of key results
- Team management and capacity building (including strategy, planning) as required
- Increasing cross-market and departmental collaboration at planning and implementation levels
- Apply brand guidelines effectively
- Contribute to and drive strategic marketing and communications implementation plans per target audience.
- Collaborate with Consumer Insights team on research studies and and application of findings.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience in; marketing and campaign management with evidence of achieving growth; building a company profile and strengthening its brand messaging in a relevant industry; and; media and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in the Zambian market specifically related to the above a must and international experience a plus
Capabilities and Knowledge:
- Track record: You have a proven track record in marketing, brand and communication
- Research and data capability: You have strong research and insights gathering skills, with an ability to define key data metrics required to measure the performance of marketing efforts and an ability to data mine
Skills and Traits:
- Proven track record designing and executing successful marketing and public relations campaigns at both a local and national level in Zambia
- Great Relationship Builder: You should be a natural networker with the ability to engage people at all levels and build meaningful and lasting relationships
- Amazing communication skills: You must be able to evangelize the customer experience across all stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to learn: You should have a passion for continuous learning and improvement and embrace failure.
- A large, quality network: You should know where to look and who to call to fill the gaps in your knowledge
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets and experience with production
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- High level of empathy and a passion for communities.
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline
- Values fit: You must live and breathe Zoona’s values of Being Real, Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Commitment, Togetherness, and Fun in both your professional and personal life.
- Multiplier leader: You must be a consistent A-player and Multiplier leader who is never satisfied with the status quo and constantly seeks to learn and improve.
- Driven: You must be a driven winner who is fully committed to achieving results and will always put in your best work without any excuses.
- Confidence and belief: You must possess the highest confidence and belief in yourself, your teammates, and your direct reports.
- Performance under pressure: You must consistently meet and deliver on rising expectations and make an impact immediately.
- Passionate about your field: You must have a passion for customer experience and its role in creating value and driving impact to change the world.
WHO WE ARE
In Africa, high unemployment, frequent household shocks, and a lack of access to formal financial services create the need for people to rely on their extended families and communities for financial support.
Zoona exists to make a difference. We start by identifying emerging entrepreneurs and providing them with a franchise “business-in-a-box” solution to make money and serve their communities as Zoona agents and tellers. We specifically focus on girls and young women who can multiply our impact by becoming role models and accelerating the Girl Effect in their communities.
Our core service is to help people send and receive money when they need to most. By consistently delivering an exceptional experience when it truly matters, we will earn the trust of our consumers and create wealth and well being for our agents and tellers. We will nurture these relationships and listen attentively to our customers to develop a suite of innovative financial services that solve real pain points and enhance their dignity.
This is how we will help communities thrive.
We in Zambia, with other operating offices in Malawi and Mozambique and a support office in Cape Town. We have attracted $22 million in international venture capital investment, have grown to 1.5 million active customers, and have processed over $1 billion in transaction value across a network of 1,500 agent outlets that employ 2,500 people.
But we are just getting started. Over the next 5-years, we will:
- Become the leading financial services brand for 30 million monthly active consumers
- Develop a high-performing customer-centric culture where people are unleashed to fulfil their potential
- Establish the top-performing and most-trusted agent network in 10 countries
- Build a highly flexible and robust FinTech platform that adapts to customer needs and industry standards
How to Apply