Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world. For more information, please visit: www.clintonhealthaccess.orgThree randomized clinical trials in Kenya, South Africa, and Uganda showed that Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) can reduce female-to-male transmission of HIV through heterosexual intercourse by roughly 60%. Given these strong clinical results, an ambitious target of scaling-up VMMC programs to reach 80% of HIV-negative uncircumcised men aged 15-49 years old in 14 highest burden countries in eastern and southern Africa by 2015. This includes Zambia, where research suggests that achieving 80% coverage of VMMC would avert an estimated 339,632 new HIV infections through 2025 and result in net savings of $1.7 billion.
Reaching universal coverage in Zambia by 2015 is an ambitious target which will require significant scale-up of current VMMC services over a short period of time.The CHAI VMMC program supports the Ministry of Health by ensuring that national Male Circumcision (MC) targets are met and monitoring performance regularly to identify and share best practices as well as address areas requiring modification. This is done by providing technical assistance in the development of strategic documents, as well as the development of tools and analysis to support critical management systems and to galvanize sector-wide partner coordination.
Reporting to the VMMMC Program Manager, the Program Associate will have overall responsibility for leading the development of all program analysis and logistical support to the MOH. He/She will be responsible for providing critical support in the development of analytical tools to evaluate program performance and operational efficiency.
- Forecasting program costs and funding sources in order to develop gap analyses
- Analyzing program performance data and developing summaries that identify and illustrate program strengths and weaknesses in conjunction with the VMMC M&E Officer
- Support the National and Provincial VMMC Program staff to improve governance and coordination of the national VMMC program with a special focus on sub-national levels namely provinces and districts
- Provide required logistical and technical support for all program related meetings and activities such as; supportive supervision visits, national and provincial planning review and coordination meetings and campaign launches
- Work with MOH and cooperating partners to identify barriers to effective program governance and coordination at sub-national levels and develop innovative solutions to address the bottlenecks
- Take a lead in preparing materials as required to support the monthly occurrence of the MoH national VMMC Technical Working Group including the TWG sub-committees
- Support the national monitoring and evaluation system to ensure the effective service delivery of MC
- Support the National and Provincial program staff to develop innovative ways for mainstreaming program sustainability through integration of VMMC with other HIV related programs at sub national levels
- Work with team members to perform any other emerging tasks to ensure efficient program delivery
The position requires a highly motivated individual with outstanding academic credentials and a strong analytical record with excellent communication and negotiation skills, and a high degree of self-confidence as well as relevant program management skills in resource-limited settings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Economics, Statistics, or similar) with outstanding academic credentials
- 3 years’ work experience in a demanding, results oriented environment
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated strong program management skills
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, including the ability to work independently on complex tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working independently and maintaining a strong commitment to excellence
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Advanced user of PowerPoint or Word, including ability to prepare compelling presentations reports
- Experience buildings advanced excel tools or developing databases in Access/SQL
- Experience working with ARC GIS or similar GPS based software
- Project management experience
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/7827/associate,-voluntary-medical-male-circumcision-(temporary)/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Posting&iisn=LinkedIn&mobile=false&width=1350&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=120&jun1offset=120 →