Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Air-Conditioning Technician
- Reporting to the Service Supervisor you will be responsible for maintaining Aircon and Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the day to day technical tasks associated with the specific outlines in the duties and ensuring these are completed in a timely manner.
- Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Install, maintain, diagnose faults and repair electrical wiring problems and re-gassing
- Diagnose, service and repair faults on Aircons and Cold-rooms across site
- Test, replace, and install equipment such as generators, alternators and other devices
- Clean and test components and conduct regular servicing of equipment.
- Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements are met
- Any other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
- The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through leadership and individual activity.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor
- Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role.
- Be visible in the workplace, and
- Any other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
- Craft Certificate in Refrigeration.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- At least 2 years of experience in the mining Industry
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers licence.
Ability to read and interpret Microsoft project softwareZambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: