The Administrative Assistant will maintain an administratively effective office environment: a presentable and well-organised office. S/he will support the Office Administrator and finance staff members with various administrative tasks related to logistics, general administration of the office, documentation and archiving.
The Administrative Assistant is expected to have generic financial management and administrative skills, demonstrate clear understanding of risk management, have experience of procurement and supplier management, understanding of contracting for services and goods to corporate standards as well as familiarity with general administrative support.
General Office Administration;
- Ensure that all workshop/conference amenities and materials are clean
- Ensure hotel/flight bookings for visitors from outside Zambia and staff travelling out of Zambia.
- Ensure that office equipment and supplies are available for use. Process requests for office supplies, telephone, scanner, fax, copier, internet maintenance. Use stock cards, which should be reconciled monthly. Initiate replacement of stationery and office supplies.
- Coordinate and supervise work by service contractors and drivers
- Ensure that all IT equipment is in good working conditions
- Liaise with BC IT consultants on any IT matters
- Report to the IT consultant any PC or network problem for fast corrective action
Logistics and Procurement Support;
- Follow up any pending utility bills such as telephone, internet, rent etc.
- Assist in collecting quotations for procurement from suppliers that are on the BC Zambia approved suppliers list
- Coordinate allocation of vehicles and keep keys to vehicles securely stored.
- Assist in reconciling and reviewing fuel consumption (log books, fuel vouchers)
Knowledge Management and Record Keeping;
- Ensure that a good filing structure is designed and implemented on the central G-drive
- Upload and file all administrative and financial documents on the G-drive
- Ensure that all soft copies file are also maintained in hard copies
Teams Management & support;
- Ensure that all administrative processes are carried out timely, effectively, and in line with British Council policies and procedures
- Ensure that the office runs smoothly by working in collaboration with all the staff
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then we would really like to hear from you. Please apply by 20th February 2018 (23:59 UK Time)
Our Equality Commitment:
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies, and business support services as a function is absolutely committed to this.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.