Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
The purpose of this evaluation is to design and implement an independent evaluation of the LWSSD Project implemented by the Millennium Challenge Account in Zambia that will assess Project performance in contributing to the Water, Sanitation, and Drainage sector sustainability. MCC is interested in assessing the effectiveness of the LWSSD Project with an emphasis on the Institutional Strengthening Activity through interventions on the water utility Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company (LWSC), and Lusaka City Council (LCC).
SI is seeking a Research Assistant to serve as part of the evaluation team. The Research Assistant must be based in Lusaka. He or she will contribute research and logistics support to the evaluation over the period of performance.
Period of Performance: 5 years (1-year Base Period plus 4 Option Periods). This position is expected to be a part time consultancy during the period of performance.
- Contribute to evaluation design and instrument development, and assist evaluation team with research as needed
- Arrange appointments and logistics for meetings and interviews
- Conduct periodic check-ins with local stakeholders
- As needed, provide translation in interviews or of data collection instruments
- A year of relevant evaluation experience required.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field
- Background in the WASH sector, including knowledge of WASH infrastructure and behavior change programming and best practices
- Prior experience conducting qualitative interviews
- Prior experience contributing to evaluation logistics required
- Familiarity with MCC/MCA, preferred.
- Must speak, read and write English proficiently.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world. To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com. SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested in this opportunity please apply via this link: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA…
Powered by Jobs Botswana