Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting interested, qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer position tenable at the National Headquarters in Ndola. The ICT Officer is responsible for driving the use of technology in the organization, providing effective IT systems, helping to develop and implement IT standards and policies, and providing technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
Key duties and essential job functions:
- Configures and deploys new and refurbished workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, updates and maintains workstations and laptops.
- Installs, configures maintains and troubleshoots peripherals including printers, copiers, scanners, external drives, monitors and other peripheral hardware.
- Provides guidance on removal/disposal of non-functional equipment
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and updates operating systems and user applications.
- Proactively schedules software upgrades and patching.
- Ensures that all software on DAPP equipment is licensed and keeps record of licenses.
- Tracks license and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframe to management.
- Monitors network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure.
- Supports existing/new server/s and administers access rights for all users in the organisation.
- Maintains local and server based anti-virus software.
- Informs and trains users and management in how to adhere to DAPP security ICT policies.
- In case of virus infection, cleans out affected equipment.
- Ensures computer is set up prior to new employee start date and any related moves.
- Handles the relocation of computer equipment as a result of office or personnel changes.
- Sets up new user accounts and email accounts
- Troubleshoots, and repairs user accounts and email accounts, and assists in resetting passwords.
6. Systems Planning
- Participates in research and recommendation of improved infrastructure processes and technologies to include growth planning.
- Provides procurement assistance including, but not limited to, researching solutions, engaging with potential vendors, making recommendations for product purchases and evaluating bids.
- Tests new equipment and applications and provides complete feedback.
7. Management of Vendor Services
- Works directly with vendors to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Requests and evaluates services with vendors and service providers.
- Works with ISP and other outside vendors to ensure dependable operations.
- Works with vendors and vendor supplied systems to track service requests through to completion.
- Trains new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Creates material and presentations for trainings and reports.
- Assesses user capacity and suggests trainings and areas in need of improvement.
9. Routine Administrative Tasks
- Creates and maintains inventory, which may include hardware, software and various items such as laser printer cartridges and peripheral equipment.
- Develops, maintains and rolls out of documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Monitors and reports ICT expenses.
- Assists with preparation of operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for ICT systems and support needs.
- Keeps ICT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organised.
10. Website Management
Ensures that the DAPP Zambia website is always fully operational
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- Diploma or higher within information technologies, or substantial working experience within relevant fields and have obtained and maintained relevant certificates
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within the ICT technical field
- Effective written and oral communication with ability to produce reports and present solutions
- Professional knowledge of network technologies and Windows clients
- Experience in handling servers and related access management control
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Willing to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to ‘doing what it takes’ to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Ability to work and cooperate well with people
Interested persons should submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a cover letter by email to:
The Human Resources Manager
DAPP in Zambia
No. 10, Luneta Road, Northrise
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to Vincent.email@example.com
Copies of certificates must not be submitted at this stage
The position title ICT Officer must be indicated in the email subject area. The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document, and must be saved in Microsoft WORD, using the applicants’ names as the document title. Applicants must state their current, or previous salary and benefits in the application letter.
Closing date: 30th September, 2016
Powered by Jobs Zambia
Tandiza Zambia Finance Ltd (“Tandiza”) is a Micro-Financial Institution that provides short term credit solutions and advice to retail clients.
We are looking for an experienced, driven and talented Deputy Branch Manager who will be part of the team based at our Kitwe branch. Tandiza is a high growth business and this presents a fantastic development opportunity for the right individual. This role has a very good career progression and as the business grows, the role will grow as well.
You will be part of a highly productive and results-oriented team that will deliver a world class client service. At Tandiza Zambia we believe that our whole business and employees should be customer focused. Our customers are our most important asset and without them the business will not succeed.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Branch Manager in ensuring the day-to-day operations of the branch are running smoothly. The position reports directly to the Branch Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the success and growth of the business by fostering a positive work environment, implementing strategic and tactical initiatives set by the senior management team, sourcing new businesses and ensuring customer satisfaction levels are high.
- Ability to lead, manage and work as part of a team to deliver a superior client experience
- Ensuring all accepted loan applications are efficiently processed and in line with Tandiza’s internal controls and processes.
- Participate in designing loan products that meet client requirements
- Assess affordability and creditworthiness of clients before signing off on loan
- Safeguard client and Tandiza’s confidentiality and privacy at all times.
- Provide ongoing coaching to junior staff, ensuring they are fully supported in their professional development requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners (e.g. banks, clients, ZRA, BOZ etc.) to identify and capitalize on opportunities.
- Partner with the branch manager to ensure operational effectiveness of the branch and maximize the performance of the team.
- Regularly report to the Board of Directors on operational and financial matters of the business on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the Branch Manager with team schedules to ensure the needs of clients are met all the times.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors, or the Branch Manager.
- Preparing NAPSA and ZRA Tax Returns.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Micro-Finance or relevant financial institution
- Strong client-facing and client-handling experience
- Strong Sales experience
- Established networks or leads on potential Tandiza clients
- Excellent working knowledge of the market
- Experience with building strong relationships to achieve loan growth
- Experience processing loans and working with Loan management system(s)
- Experience taking on a leadership role and acting as a mentor to other team members
- Experience maintaining strong internal controls and procedures around processing of loans.
- Substantial experience assessing credit worthiness of customers.
- Proven success in delivering advice to clients resulting in strong client relationships and superior sales results
- Experience preparing Napsa and ZRA returns
Skills and attributes:
- Exceptional inter-personal and relationship building skills
- Highly driven and consistently exceeds expectations
- First-rate communication skills and ability to lead change
- Fantastic time management and organizational skills
- Excellent multi-tasker who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Very hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business
- Willing to work under pressure
- Very proactive
- Strong marketing skills
- Strong computer skills (loan management systems, Microsoft Office e.g. Excel, Power Point, etc.
Diploma/ Degree preferably in Business (Banking & Finance, Accountancy, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce or any other business-related qualification.)
Preferably someone who lives in Kitwe.
Application Deadline: Midnight of 7th October-2016
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by Jobs Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of It Support Intern.
The interns will be reporting to the IT Service Delivery Coordinator. The interns will undergo intensive training to equip them with technical skills for analysing end user software and hardware requirements, supporting business information systems and performing all installations and rollouts of desktops, laptops and mobile devices to approved employees/contractors and visitors as and when required. Through mentoring and coaching, they will be required to perform duties which will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Support the IT Service Delivery team to ensure that user issues are resolved in a timely manner.
· Offer 1st and 2nd level technical support to end users with best customer care practices
· Analyze user and network requirements and implementing changes as and when approved.
· Desktop, laptop, tablets and Mobile phone standard set up , roll out, support and servicing
· Support business applications
· Manage all end user needs e.g. equipment problems and other IT related issues.
· Supporting other IT staff in providing a reliable and efficient user, network and IT environment.
· Performing IT General Controls (ITGC) audits and ensuring compliance to SOX, ZICTA act and other best practices
Experience & Qualifications
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
· Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System, Programming and Databases
· ITIL, Comptia A+ and N+ Certified will be added advantage.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
Powered by Jobs Zambia