Organization: Medical Care Development International
Closing date: 09 Sep 2016
Medical Care Development International (MCDI), a division of Medical Care Development, Inc., is a private, non-profit voluntary organization incorporated in 1966 in the state of Maine, United States of America. MCDI’s mission is to enhance the wellbeing of peoples and communities in developing nations through superior technical assistance in health and socio-economic development. Since 1977, MCDI has provided technical assistance to over 40 countries and institutions in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia, and the Middle East.
MCDI is seeking a Team Leader for an upcoming World Bank Performance Based Financing (PBF) project in Zambia.
- Provide technical and implementation support to the Ministry of health and on PBF component of the World bank funded Health System Support Project;
- Overall responsible for the MCDI Field Office;
- To provide technical support for the implementation of the project, per the parameters of the Project Implementation Manual (PIM) and RBF User Manual.
- Provide overall technical assistance related to PBF Ex Post Verifications, including training of health workers, health center committees, District Health Management Teams and District Councils.
- Consult regularly with PBF stakeholders and Development Partners on further improvement of the PBF design;
- Collaborate with MOHP to improve health Information Management System and Monitoring and Evaluation functions of the Ministry.
- Disseminate best practices and lessons learned on the PBF in Zambia to other stakeholders within the country and other parts of the world.
- Comply with existing MOH technical guidelines and procedures and those developed during the life of the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Must have asocial scientist or public health specialist with a minimum qualification of master’s degree with at least 10 years relevant field experience. Field based research experience in peripheral and rural communities would be an advantage;
· Excellent supervisory and project/people management skills.
· Ability to work independently and effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously whilst mentoring a team to consistently meet all performance goals.
· Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Strong analytical skills, including previous experience with RBF contracts, and quantity and quality tools to monitor RBF implementation.
· Excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills in English and French.
How to apply:
Powered by Jobs Zambia