Closing date: 10 Mar 2017
*This post will require the successful candidate to work from home*
1. Management of TackleAfrica’s Zambia country programme.
· Ensure that TA monitoring and evaluation processes are followed for every course and follow ups, including data collection. Giving hands on support to ensure the process is sustainable and manageable by those running the course.
· Lead processes for programme planning, preparation, organisation etc.; and devise guidelines that staff, coaches and partner organisations can reasonably follow.
· Lead the development of new programming based on close working relationships with current partners; scoping potential new partners; and discussions with other key stakeholders.
· Produce accurate and timely financial and narrative reporting, both internally and externally (to donors and others), by appropriate deadlines/formats/guidelines.
· Build the capacity of partners, TA staff and coaches to produce their contributions to reporting and monitoring and evaluation processes.
2. Relationship building
· Develop and maintain relationships with other local Sport 4 Development organisations and any other relevant CBOs/NGOs/INGOs in-country.
· Network with donors, governments, NGOs and others relevant to TA.
· Enhance TA’s ideas, visibility and capacity at national/regional level.
· Review TA’s current partnerships and make recommendations as to how these can be strengthened.
· Seek out new partners in line with TA’s business plan and strategy.
3. Represent TackleAfrica in Zambia
· Accurately and comprehensively represent the work of TA in Zambia within the country and when necessary to regional stakeholders.
- Contribute to TackleAfrica UK
· Liaise closely with other TA staff in Africa and the UK, keeping in regular and close contact by email and skype.
· Contribute to team-wide communications and knowledge management, and participate in regular exchange of information, organisation-wide discussions on related topics/projects.
· Any other tasks as may be reasonably required
The position will be based in Lusaka with in-country travel.
Key Skills Required
General: Above all s/he needs to be a highly motivated, resourceful, adaptable and self-sufficient individual who can work effectively with limited support/ supervision. The role involves working closely with partner organisations in Zambia and the role holder would be expected to be able to represent the charity with key stakeholders – s/he will need strong communication and diplomatic skills.
· Delivery focused, well organised – with 3 years’ experience of project management, including financial management.
· Proven success in project planning, monitoring and evaluation.
· Excellent spoken and written English: capacity to write reports.
· Excellent report-writing and oral presentation skills.
· Excellent communication, networking and inter-personal skills.
· Strong presentational and group facilitation skills.
· Very competent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft office software, skype, dropbox etc. and the ability to support others to use new technology.
· HIV Experience: strong understanding of HIV and up to date with changes in the field.
· University degree or equivalent.
· A team player, able and willing to understand the perspectives of others.
· Creative and plans accordingly, as well as able to explain his/her perspectives to others.
· Experience of implementing projects on one or more of: sports and development, youth development, HIV education, behaviour change programmes.
· Has considerable experience in working in partnerships with other organisations.
· Theoretical grasp of monitoring and evaluation processes and strategies
· S/he will be expected to grasp complex culturally and gender sensitive issues.
Terms and Conditions
On top of your basic monthly salary, reasonable work related expenses including local and regional travel will be met by TackleAfrica.
How to apply:
To apply, please download and read the full Job Description, and download and complete the Application Form (CVs alone will not be read), which can be found at the following link:#
Email your completed form to TackleAfrica’s Administration Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org – please use this email address for any queries relating to this role.
*The candidate must have the legal right to work in Zambia*
Powered by Jobs Zambia